Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge

Fall is my favorite time of year and the inspiration photo for this month's blog hop is right up my alley.  I found the colors and texture in the photo a beautiful jumping off point.



The washed wood background was such a perfect foil for the autumn colors that I tried to create that effect in my card.  I started with white card stock and ink blended some pale blue (PTI Spring Rain), Mustard  and  Orange (Stampabilities) across the card base.  I then got out my PTI Background Basics: Woodgrain Stamp Set and filled the entire background with woodgrain images stamped in grey.  I then cut a corner from the scalloped Note Card die from the PTI Make-it-Market: Don't Forget to Write kit and added it to the side of my card.  I then embellished the card with die cut shapes and a Bountiful sentiment all from the Make-it-Market: Color Pop Autumn kit.  Last I tucked a few sprigs from the PTI Fancy Foliage Details Die.


13 comments:

samantha's cards October 25, 2016 at 6:26 PM  

Lovely card, great take on the photo.

carol (krillsister) October 25, 2016 at 6:41 PM  

Gorgeous. Love the wood grain background and cluster of flowers

Marcia Hill October 25, 2016 at 6:45 PM  

WOW...this is gorgeous! Love your layout Delores...your background and flowers are just beautiful! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

paperkicks October 25, 2016 at 6:48 PM  

Fantastic design and background!! Love this card!!

Leigh Penner October 26, 2016 at 5:57 AM  

Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Diana K October 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM  

This is definitely one of my favourites from the hop, beautifully designed and stamped. P.S. Can't believe you did the woodgrain background using the PTI stamp - it's a little itty bitty thing in my opinion. I need to use a full card front sized background stamp. :)

bj martin October 26, 2016 at 8:29 AM  

Beautiful - love the layout!

Kari D October 26, 2016 at 10:59 AM  

So pretty! Love this card!

Nancy Penir October 26, 2016 at 12:13 PM  

Good morning, Dolores. Didn't get to you yesterday, just dropping by to say your card is lovely! That little bit of edging detail is wonderful. And your wood grain is beautiful too! Congrats on the win! So happy for you!

jen October 26, 2016 at 4:21 PM  

This is so pretty! Love all of your wonderful details! Congratulations on your win!!

Vikki H October 26, 2016 at 5:01 PM  

Yay, for your blog hop win! Your card is beautiful and it's hard to believe that the background is not designer paper.

Marybeth October 30, 2016 at 7:10 PM  

Such a beautiful card! Congratulation on you win over at Papertrey Ink !

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP