Sunday, October 23, 2016

Die Cut Stencil Shapes

I have been so busy I have missed participating in the Make-It-Monday challenges.  However, I just love the cards Melissa Phillips created with her die cut stencil backgrounds so I made time to give this challenge a try.  Truly one of my favorite techniques is ink blending so combining this with stencil die cuts I knew was going to be fun.  On this first card I cut out the leaves from the PTI Songbirds die.  I ink blended some mustard and orange ink in the background and then sponged some red lightly around the leaves. I then die cut a small scalloped square and embellished it with a few shapes from the PTI Make-it-Market: Color Pop Autumn kit.  Last I added my sentiment from the PTI Stylized Autumn stamp set.  I still needed something, so I added some texture with watercolor splatter.  I covered up my white shape with a bit a Press & Seal to keep it from getting any splatter and it worked great.

Since Melissa had done such a lovely card using the PTI snowflake and had to give that a try as well.  I used two shades of blue in my background working around the snowflake die cut.  I added just a few small stamped snowflakes with grey ink.  I used the PTI What the Doodle: Snowflakes Stamp Set for the larger snowflakes.  The sentiment if from the PTI Inspired:Hope Stamp Set.
Although you cannot see it in the image above, I did add some sparkle to the large snowflakes by using a Gelly Roll Clear Star pen by Sakura.  It gave the card a bit of shine that I liked.  The picture below shows that additional a little better.
 

 


4 comments:

Vikki H October 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM  

Your cards are beautifully designed and colored. Welcome back to MIM!

Cindy Beach October 24, 2016 at 7:12 AM  

Hi Dolores,
Your cards are amazing! I love the colors you chose for the beautiful leaf background.

Daria July 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM  

These are amazing. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing how you made them.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP