Saturday, May 6, 2017

Watercolor Wash Backgrounds

This week's PTI Make-it-Monday challenge got me motivated to get some cards done.  I have admired many beautiful cards with watercolor backgrounds and just haven't got myself into the swing of things. So, thank you Laurie for an excellent video and tons of inspiration.  Here are my cards.  This first card I used the PTI Peonies on Parade stamp set (goodness I had purchased this stamp set and not made a single card until today).  It was the perfect flower design for this technique.

This second card was inspired by a sample Betsy Veldman created a while back.  I saved an image of her card thinking to myself that I need to try something like that.  So here is my PTI What the Doodle: Paisley card.






3 comments:

paperkicks May 7, 2017 at 7:24 AM  

Both cards are absolutely stunning! I'm so glad you used the Peonies set...I struggle with that one, but your card is beautiful! I will probably CASe your design!!

Cindy Beach May 7, 2017 at 1:30 PM  

I surely think you're in the groove with this technique now. Your backgrounds are so well done! Both cards are just beautiful.

TLady May 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM  

TOTALLY AWESOME! I too enjoy Betsy's work. I ESPECIALLY LOVE the first card, just cause I LOOOOVE FLORAL STAMPS....! I HAVE TO GET the Peonies on Parade now! LOL GORGEOUS WORK! ;)

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP