Saturday, June 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink June 2016 Blog Hop

This month's blog hop has a beautiful inspiration piece by Yellena James.  I just love the colors in this picture so that was what inspired my cards.


I have one card where I ink blended the background and then added paint splatters on top. I wanted the look of light branches against the background so I cut up the "Into the Woods" cover plate to get that texture.  To finish the card I added butterflies and clear sequins.
This second card is simple and I spent more time with the ink blended background than anything else. This time I wanted layers of color rather than texture.  I love the "Don't Forget to Write"  Make-it-Market kit and so it was an easy choice to build this card.

 

12 comments:

Marcia Hill June 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM  

Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous Delores! LOVE how you used the leaves from the Into the Woods cover plate on your first card...reminds me of coral and how fitting for the inspiration photo! Totally, totally in LOVE with your 2nd card! Your stenciled background with the 3 colors is perfection and the frame and flowers look so lovely on it! Beautiful, beautiful cards!! :0)

Kathryn A June 25, 2016 at 5:29 PM  

Wow! Your ink blending is fabulous and the colours you've chosen are perfect! Love both your cards!!

paperkicks June 25, 2016 at 6:08 PM  

I like both cards....but I particularly love the blending on your second card...love the three distinct colors! Great interpretation of the challenge!!

DIANA L. June 25, 2016 at 6:31 PM  

Beautiful!!I love it.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Betty Wright June 25, 2016 at 7:58 PM  

Beautifully done! Love both creations! Great designs!

Sue June 25, 2016 at 8:05 PM  

The leaves from the cover plate die you used, reminds me of coral and I love your blending and color choices on the second card. The are both stunning!

Kathy Mc June 25, 2016 at 8:51 PM  

Dolores, your Into The Woods really added texture to your first card, and it's a beauty. Your second card is one of my favorites with the stencil inked in three gorgeous colors and your floral-framed sentiment. Love both of your cards!

Karen B. June 25, 2016 at 8:59 PM  

Two absolutely gorgeous cards!

Skrater June 25, 2016 at 9:28 PM  

Both are so beautiful and I love your background.

Carmela June 25, 2016 at 9:32 PM  

I love the colors of your card. The flowers are so pretty!

Jacquie Southas June 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM  

What a treat to find two beautiful cards - love the floral cluster on the second card!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP