Sunday, May 29, 2016

Masked Backgrounds

I love ink blending so this week's Make-It-Monday at Papertrey ink was total joy for me.  I created two cards using one of my newest dies, Garden Garland, that I purchased from PTI with this month's release.  The first card has a 1/4 in masked border with 4 inks blended in the background. I have goldfinch regularly visit my backyard, so adding a little bird to this card was a must.

On this second card I did a little different masking.  I cut out one of the shapes from the PTI Scene It: Skyscapes dies and used the sun rays to mask the background in the center of this card. I was pleased with the result and it was so easy to create.
Products Used:
Papertrey Ink: Garden Garland Die
Papertrey Ink: Scene It: Skyscapes Die
Papertrey Ink:Walk by Faith Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink: Inspired Praise Mini Stamp Set and Die
Papertrey Ink:  Spring Woods Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink: Button Stacks II Die

5 comments:

Kathryn A May 29, 2016 at 9:12 AM  

Absolutely love both cards! What a great idea to use the skyscapes die to create the sunburst background!

Kathy Mc May 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM  

Dolores, both of your cards deserve praise as they are beautiful. Your masking is fabulous, especially fond of how you got such gorgeous rays. You're enabling me to add goodies to my long wish list. 😀

paperkicks May 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM  

Both cards are lovely! Love the garland!

Judi G May 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM  

Beautiful cards! Love them both! Great idea to frame the sun rays with the garland!

victoria h May 30, 2016 at 4:03 AM  

These are fantastic- love them both

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP