Monday, July 6, 2015

Creating your own custom borders

This week's Make-it-Monday at Papertrey Ink had us making our own custom borders with stamped images.  I decided on using my sketched shapes stamp set and kept the border simple.  I used some greens, blues and a bit of yellow to set the tone.  The dots I added just for fun. I always pull these dots stamps out of the Life is Beautiful stamp set when I get the urge to add dots to a card.  They probably get used as much (or more) than the butterflies in that set.

Products Used:
Papertrey Ink Sketched Shapes Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Life is Beautiful Stamp Set

7 comments:

DIANA L. July 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM  

Pretty. Love the sketched shapes

Birgit July 7, 2015 at 4:18 AM  

This is a great color combo for a masculine or feminine birthday! Great design!!
Congrats on being last weeks winner as well!! ;o)

Marybeth July 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM  

This is so pretty Joy! Love your simply stamped edge!

Kathryn A July 8, 2015 at 9:52 AM  

Love the graphic feel to this card--I was just thinking about this stamp set the other day, realizing I haven't used it in a long time. I like how you've combined straight edges with the curved edges of the border.

Nancy Penir July 9, 2015 at 12:33 PM  

Lovely in blues and greens! Great card, Joy!

Nancy Penir July 9, 2015 at 12:33 PM  

Lovely in blues and greens! Great card, Joy!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP