Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's been a while...

Life is so full, I have not taken the time to post in recent months. But now I'm focused again on scrapbooking and looking forward to sharing. It's hard to believe the holidays went by so quickly, yet here it is the later half of January! I got a great Christmas present from my dear husband. Since I am such a techie, I have really enjoyed my Silhouette digital craft cutter. However, it was limiting in that it could not cut a 12 x 12 piece of paper, and it struggled with THICK card stock. Well my DH got me a Klick-N-Kut Groove-e which is turning out to be wonderful. It has cut everything I have thrown at it with ease, and since it is 13" wide it can cut the 12 x 12 paper with no effort. Here is an example of the background is can cut. The brown layer with the fern design was cut with the KNK Groove-e.



I still have a lot to learn about the software that came with the machine, however from my initial review of the users manual, this software is going to really make creating some of my own designs much easier. It also has the capability of converting other digital cutting formats, so I can still use all the shapes that I previously accumulated while using the Silhouette. It's going to be fun!

1 comments:

Dara Lynn February 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Joy, I am so glad to find someone who has a Silhouette SD. I also got one for Christmas with the added bonus this Valentine to have a full year subscription of unlimited designs. It has been a true inspiration. Please check out the 2 D roses and Posey. They are wonderful!!!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP