Thursday, January 1, 2009

Adding Stamped Images to a Layout


I sometimes use stamping to add interest to a layout. It may be that a background needs some added texture to its look or an element needs more attention. In my 'Gentle Winter Wonders' layout I felt the center of interest needed more support and my background paper was a very light color. Adding the plum stamped images reinforced the color scheme and gave the viewer a path to the pictures of the birds. The ink here is VersaMagic Eggplant.

On this layout the flowers are also stamped images. The flower was stamped with white ColorBox ink, then embossed with white detail embossing powder. The flowers were then cut out and I used watercolor paint to color the petals. To paint the flowers I wet the entire flower shape, then dropped in the two different colors letting the water naturally blend the two colors together. The flower stamp is from a StampinUp set called "Embrace Life."



With this next layout the stamping in the corners added interest to the page and helped balance the layout since the cut out flowers were such dominant shapes. I added doodling around the cut out flower shapes to further enhance the page. The stamp ink is ColorBox pigment Gold ink. ColorBox is one of my favorite stamp inks to use as it has consistently produced clear images, works well with "clear" stamps and does not dry too quickly.

In this layout I also created a more defined frame for the picture by adding a border stamp right above and to the right of the picture. I used dark brown pigment ink pad from Stampabilities.

1 comments:

slywalker (Lesley) January 18, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

Once again, these stamped images look really good, you have blended them in so well, perfect choice of inks. Great tip on colouring the flowers in top LO.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP